1. By completing the online membership form you agree that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and Pentathlon GB’s Codes of Conduct.
1.1 These terms and conditions may be revised from time to time. If they are revised, you will be asked to agree to the revised conditions when next signing in to our Sport80 platform. It will be your responsibility to keep up-to date with all such changes and your continued membership shall be deemed acceptance of any changes to these terms and conditions.
1.2 If you are purchasing a membership on behalf of someone under the age of 18, you are confirming that you are the responsible adult agreeing to these terms on their behalf.
1.3 Pentathlon GB has the right to revoke a membership without notice and without a refund, if the user is deemed to be in breach of the user agreement.
2. If you have taken out a day membership with Pentathlon GB you are committing to a specified event of your choosing. Once this membership has been purchased it is non-refundable and non-transferable. This membership does not automatically grant you access to competitions. A separate event entry must be made for any event you wish to enter. This must be carried out through the Sport80 platform.
2.1 In line with our competition entry terms and conditions, if your entry is accepted, no refund is possible for withdrawal for any reason for the day membership fee, once the final closing date has passed. If you withdraw before the closing date then you will be refunded, less the relevant administration fees*. Any refunds will be done by BACS only, no cheques will be issued by Pentathlon GB.
2.2 We are unable to offer a membership transfer to another event and we do not offer membership credit under any circumstances.
3. If you have taken out a full individual membership, you are entering a fixed period of one calendar year effective from the start date of your membership. The membership will be active at the point of accepted payment. Due to the contractual obligation of this membership, you will not be able to receive a refund for this if you later cancel the agreement, irrespective of usage (except in exceptional circumstances to be decided by the senior leadership team of Pentathlon GB).
4. You are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period allowing you to cancel within 14 days of entering the agreement. To do so you must submit your request to cancel with a justified reason, in writing to [email protected] this will be accepted by the date the email is received.
5. If the membership has been used to enter a competition or to take part in a training event within the first 14 days, the cooling off period will be void and you therefore will not receive any refund.
6. When completing the individual membership form you will be prompted to select either a onetime payment or auto renewal option. If selecting auto renewal, the card details used at the time of payment will be saved and payment automatically taken from the same account on the renewal date of the membership the following year. Email communications will be sent prior to the transaction taking place. It is your responsibility to ensure your contact details remain up to date for this communication to take place. The auto renewal can be cancelled at any time before the membership renewal date. Once the auto renewal transaction has taken place, the agreement will be subject to the same 14 day cooling off policy for cancelation of the new agreement.
7. As a National Governing Body, Pentathlon GB adhere to the World Anti-Doping code and UK Anti-Doping Rules. Therefore, if you are a member of Pentathlon GB LTD then the anti-doping rules apply to you, regardless of what level you participate at.
Anti-Doping testing of athletes can take place anywhere and at any time. By taking out a membership with Pentathlon GB, athletes and parents or guardians of those athletes under the age of 18, confirm that they give consent to Pentathlon GB as the National Governing Body of Modern Pentathlon to allow you/your child to be selected for doping control.
It is important to be aware that by not giving parental consent you could be stopping your child competing and the refusal of a test is an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) and can lead to a ban from sport. For more information on the Anti-Doping Rules, including ADRV's and the testing process please visit the UKAD website.
1. All competitions are organised under the rules appropriate to the competition. It is the competitor's responsibility to read and understand the rules applicable to the competition they have entered. Competition rules are available from the Pentathlon GB website. By entering a competition, you agree to abide by the rules of the competition and understand that any decision made by the competition organiser is final with no right of appeal or further recourse
2. To participate in a competition, training event, or regular local training sessions you must be a member of the Modern Pentathlon Association of Great Britain Limited ('Pentathlon GB') on the closing date of the competition and on the day(s) of the competition/event or training session itself. You agree to be bound by its Memorandum and Articles of Association and Rules and Regulations as amended from time to time.
3. Parents/guardians/supporters/spectators of competitors agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for Parents and Spectators available from the resources page of the Pentathlon GB website.
4. All competitors must be capable of swimming at least the distance appropriate for their class without contact with the bottom of the swimming pool and they shall be capable of treading water unaided for a minimum of two minutes. Where the competition pool has water with a minimum depth of 0.9 to 1.5 metres, only competitors who have reached the standard of ASA Competitive Start Award (in accordance with the ASA National Plan for Teaching Swimming - Level 4) will be permitted to start with a shallow racing dive. Any competitors who have not reached this standard must start in the pool.
5. No late entries or those received after the capacity of the venue is reached can be accepted. Only the results of those individuals who entered through the platform before the advertised event entry deadline will be accepted by Pentathlon GB – individuals cannot transfer their place to another competitor, nor are competitors permitted to compete under the name of another athlete. The results for any individual who had not officially entered through the platform before the advertised event entry deadline will not be accepted by Pentathlon GB as such an entry would be in breach of these Terms & Conditions. Competition entries are not transferable, and no credit can be carried forward. The Head of Operations and Events reserves the right to make exceptions to these terms if deemed necessary.
6. If your entry is accepted, no refund is possible for withdrawal for any reason, once the final closing date has passed. If you withdraw before the closing date then you will be refunded, less the relevant administration fees*. Any refunds will be done by BACS only, no cheques will be issued by Pentathlon GB. The refund will be processed to the card that made the original payment.
7. If a competition has to be cancelled by Pentathlon GB for any reason, notification will be posted on the website www.pentathlongb.org as soon as the decision has been made and all entrants made aware as soon as possible. If the competition is cancelled for reasons within our control, each athlete entered into the relevant competition will be offered an alternative competition (where possible) and in default a refund, minus the relevant administration fees*. If the decision to cancel is made because of circumstances beyond the control of Pentathlon GB, e.g. adverse weather conditions or the strong possibility of adverse weather conditions, there will be no refund. The Head of Operations and Events reserves the right to make exceptions to these terms if deemed necessary.
8. For all other local and regional events which any member clubs have organised through Sport80, it remains at each organiser’s discretion as to whether they wish to offer a refund to each competitor for their entry fee minus the relevant administration fees* (and day membership where applicable). It remains the responsibility of the event organiser to clearly communicate their policy regarding this to the competitors involved. Organisers who have collected fees via Sport 80 and who wish to offer a refund should advise Pentathlon GB accordingly so that refunds can be issued as necessary.
9. Everyone attending any event or activity held under the Rules of the Association (or any affiliated body) must take positive care for their own and others' safety and should be aware of, and guard and insure against, the inherent risks of participation or attendance, including the risks of bodily injury and damage to property.
10. The Organisers and all those acting on their behalf disclaim responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any loss or damage to personal or other property. It is the responsibility of competitors and spectators to look after and take their possessions. The Organisers and all those acting on their behalf only accept responsibility for physical harm suffered by a competitor or spectator to the extent imposed by law.
11. Be aware that the use of any substance defined as a banned class by the World Anti-Doping Agency is strictly forbidden. Competitors are liable to dope testing, in or out of competition. Refusal or failure to comply may be treated as a positive test.
12. Pentathlon GB observes a strict Child Protection Policy, the provisions of which must be observed at all times. Any individual wishing to use a mobile phone camera, still or video camera at the competition must first please make themselves aware of our Photography Policy . Permission for the use of such equipment is at the discretion of the Competition Organiser, Pentathlon GB and the Venue Management. A copy of Pentathlon GB's Child Protection Policy is available from the Pentathlon GB website.
13. There may be a professional photographer in attendance at any competition organised by Pentathlon GB. By entering a competition, you accept that Pentathlon GB may publish images of the competition which include images of you. You may ask us to take down a clearly identifiable image of you by a request in writing and if the image is exclusively of you and it is practical, we will do so.
14. Any photographs which you submit to Pentathlon GB may be used free of copyright in any publication produced by Pentathlon GB, including the website.
*All event entries processed through the Sport80 platform are subject to an administration fee deducted by Sport 80 and stripe. These fees are non-refundable from the relevant parties.
This document was created using an SEQ Legal template.
You must not:
1 republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
2 sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
3 show any material from the website in public;
4 reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose; or
5 edit or otherwise modify any material on the website.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If you generate a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that the password is kept confidential.
You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person's user ID and password to access parts of our website, unless you have that person's express permission to do so.
We may disable your user ID and password at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We may update our website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 08324832. Our VAT number is: GB220427746.
https://www.sport80.com is a website operated by Sport:80 Services Limited (“We”).
Sport:80 Services Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 08324832 and have our registered office at Unit 3, Neepsend Triangle Business Centre, 1 Burton Road, Sheffield, England, S3 9BW. You can contact us by email at [email protected]
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Last updated by Freeths LLP: 11th May 2017